Risk South Africa will bring together more than 150 senior practitioners and industry experts from across the financial sector to help identify and understand emerging trends, risks and opportunities.
Today’s rapidly changing business and regulatory environment requires thinking about risks in new ways. The objective of Risk South Africa 2019 is to keep delegates in step with the latest developments in supervision, regulation and industry practice.
The editorially led agenda provides detailed intelligence and analysis on a range of topics from the IBOR transition, innovations in clearing, FRTB implementation to optimising investments with new sources of data and trading technology, ESG, smart beta, and initial margin.
Learn how to:
- Prepare for the IBOR transition
- Restore trust through responsible investing
- Optimise investments with new sources of data and technology
- Harness AI and machine learning to create a competitive advantage
- Clarity around regulatory expectations from the SARB, FSCA and National Treasury
- Tips on effective preparation for and responses to disaster scenarios
- Create meaningful business partnerships through speed networking
New for 2019:
- Gain advice from experts on XVA optimisation, cyber resilience and digital innovation in the knowledge cafes
- Seize the business advantage of diversity and inclusion in the private networking lunch
- Prepare for climate risks and the impact of meeting future energy requirements
- Reduce risk and enhance returns through smart beta
Hear what delegates said about our last conference
'A premium event on the SA financial services calendar.'
Jean-Pierre Matthews, Chief Financial Analyst, Brunia Capital Limited
'Well thought out panels with valuable, pertinent content.'
Chris Edwards, Managing Principal, ABSA Capital
'An excellent conversation surrounding risk management within the banking and Investment environment.'
Justin James, Investment Risk Manager, Edge Capital
'The conference attracted high calibre delegates which facilitated thought provoking discussions.'
Heather Jackson, Chief Executive Officer, Atlantic Specialised Finance
'A very worthwhile, informative and topical event - time well spent.'
Robert Coombe, Chief Operating Officer, Matrix Fund Managers
'Great. Good to know what opportunities and threats are going around in our investment world. Much more informed.'
Herman Klopper, Manager, Futurum Financial Group
'Very informative, great mix of opinions and well organised.'
Suvarn Naidoo, Assistant Portfolio Manager, Absa Alternative Asset Management
George Herman, Investment Strategist, Citadel Asset Management
'Good opportunity to network, explore ideas and brain storm challenges facing industry.'
Chris Watts, Portfolio Manager, Alternative Asset Management