Using futures to hedge bond portfolio
In this virtual briefing, you will learn how futures can be efficiently utilized in a global bond portfolio.
Using futures to hedge can help investors proactively manage embedded risks that arise in times of crisis. In light of low interest rate and adverse market conditions driven by Covid-19, the effectiveness of futures has once again come into the limelight. In this virtual briefing, you will learn how futures can be efficiently utilized in a global bond portfolio
- The role and need of utilizing futures to hedge
- Combining risk with hedging decisions - different hedging strategies and instruments
- Benefits and different ways of investing in Canada – specifically in Canadian futures
- The launch of Canadian CORRA futures
- Case study: How Canadian interest rate and equity futures are an advantage in a global bond portfolio