09:00 – 09:10
09:10 – 09:40
Keynote address: Are we heading into a global recession?
09:40 – 10:10
CIO Panel: Weathering headwinds from adverse economic conditions
- Is globalization stuttering or advancing? How should portfolio managers get prepared for either scenario?
- Withstanding negative interest rate
- End cycle investing – how much diversification is sufficient?
- Can investors shelter from risks using low volatility strategy?
10:10 – 11:00
11:00 – 11:40
FICC executive dialogue: Fixed income – the new alpha generator?
- Driving forces behind the growth of fixed income investments in Asia
- Security and sector mispricings - new alpha opportunities for active managers?
- Can alpha co-exist with a portfolio that is highly correlated to credit returns?
- China’s off-shore bond market: why an active approach to security selection is important
11:40 – 12:20
How to succeed in AI and quant investing
- Finding value using quant strategy amid high volatilities
- From real-time data to social media sentiment data – what data is needed for an effective quant investing strategy?
- Is adding a human overlay to the quant investment process necessary?
- How to validate and benchmark long-term performance of quant investments
12:20 – 13:20
13:20 – 13:50
LIBOR transition – what do investment managers need to know?
- LIBOR transition’s impact on investors
- How to initiate a project with dedicated resources to address transition
- Building an inventory of exposures – assessing the economic impact and operational impact
- Where to start in the transition of investment activities? What is the liquidity consideration?
- Internal and external communications
13:50 – 14:20
Deep dive: resolving the investment data puzzle
- Current challenges with investment data
- The role of alternative data in portfolio analytics
- Improving data quality to avoid a “garbage-in-garbage-out” scenario
- Enhance portfolio performance through data aggregation and enhanced analysis
14:20 – 14:50
Navigating currency volatilities and FX risks
- The growing need to hedge amid portfolio diversification
- Why are some investors increasing their offshore holdings but hedging less of their FX exposure?
- Active approach to currency management: alpha generating or risk mitigating?
- The essential parameters for determining the optimal hedge
14:50 – 15:20
15:20 – 16:10
Investment theme spotlight: ESG investments – a reality check
- ESG integration = better risk-adjusted returns – where’s the proof?
- Clearly defining the role of ESG in your portfolio strategy
- How to integrate climate change into investment analysis and risk management
- How does ESG investments fulfil the different goals of long-term and short-term investors?
16:10 – 17:00
Panel discussion: Reinventing access to China: the way forward
- China’s connect initiatives – how are these going to take shape and what to expect?
- As Chinese banks thriving to penetrate international markets, what product innovation can we expect?
- What are the remaining restrictions for off-shore investors to trade more China A-shares and for index weightings to increase?
- The rise bond index inclusion – does this imply international ratings will be deployed soon? What are the opportunities presented to investors?
- ETF cross listings – how far from realization?
17:00 – 17:05
17:05 – 17:05